Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Damn you, Andi! I knew I wasn’t getting out of this one! LOL!
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site, you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over there and see if you have a Sticky Beak.
2. You have to tag two people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of the Meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is a M/M meme after all:)
*Rubs hands together with Glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? Reading has always been an important outlet in my life. I’ve been reading a variety of genres, GLBT fiction has been one of them I’ve been reading forever.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? I really don’t remember. One of the first books I read that I liked was With Love by J.L. Langley.
3. Are you out as a reader? We are. Jack and I talk about what we are reading to our friends and family.
4. Ebooks, Print or Both? Both. I prefer ebooks to paperbacks, but we still read paperbacks too.
5. Do you buy directly from the publisher or secondary seller? We buy directly from the publisher.
6. Prove your a book slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I’m not a book slut. LOL. We read a couple of books a week if we are lucky. Since we read together this takes longer than the average reader because we also discuss what we read as we go along. There are some books we read on our own, too. This still does not qualify me as a book slut. Damn it!
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? Like everyone else, I simply adore a gorgeous cover. We honestly buy books because of what our friends say about it, or if it is an author that is a favorite of ours. We don’t ‘blind buy’ very much.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? I love to read reviews on Goodreads. I don’t necessarily trust the professional review as much. For one thing, I don’t know them, so their opinion doesn’t mean much to me. On Goodreads, there are several people Jack and I trust when it comes to reviews and recommendations.
9. Who's your favorite publisher? Amber Allure from Amber Quill Press
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! That’s so easy! Those who know me know my favorite author is Shawn Lane. Not only is she a very versatile writer, her character’s are interesting and beautifully flawed. I love them! It’s harder to pick my second favorite author because I really like so many. Probably JL Langley.
11. Is there a sub/genre you particularly dislike? I’m not into the BDSM themed books too much. I do like some of Sean Michael’s books with this theme, but not many. I’m not into the Science Fiction thing either.
12. Short or long? *rolls eyes* And no I'm not talking about cocks! I really liked Andi’s answer on this. I think it depends on the author. As a rule, I think I prefer shorter novels.
13. Is there anything that turns you off about m/m or is it all glorious smut to you? Menage based romances, fisting and I don’t like any kind of humiliation some BDSM themed books get off on.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's M/M two wuv when...he gives over the remote control. LOL!
15. What theme are you heartily sick of in M/M Romances? I HATE MENAGES. I really wish they would just go away.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a M/M/M who would they be? *sigh* Must I? If I have to pick I would say: Tyler Curtis (Alec Tyler) from The Curtis Reincarnation, Hell from Heaven Sent Hell and Kevin from Car Wash.
17. What new GLBTQ new release are you most hanging out for right now? My BFF, Shawn Lane has two books coming out in December that I am anxious to read. They’re called Ticket to Ride and The Best Gift. I’ve been hearing about them forever, so I’m ready to read them! We are looking forward to read Andi's book that comes out in December, too.
18. What new GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? I loved Car Wash by Shawn Lane. Kevin really is quite delicious! YUM YUM YUM! I also read and loved The Elegant Corpse by A.M Riley, Without Reservations by JL Langley and the Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest. One of my all time favorite books is Perfect Man by Shawn Lane. Alex and Craig's story will always have a very special place in my heart.
19. What do you think well see more of M/M romance in 2010? Beats the hell out of me! It would be nice to see it become not as taboo to read as it is right now. A lot of people are embarrassed to admit they read romance, so I know people being proud to admit they read GAY romances is out of the question!
20. Don't you agree that Josh Lanyon should just kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? Nah. Even assholes need love too! LOL.
I’m going to break the rule and just pick one person to do this. I have one other person left I can pick that I follow and actively talk too. I’m actually pretty surprised she hasn’t been picked yet!
Have Fun, Eyre! http://eyre32.wordpress.com
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I should be resting. I know I'll probably get into trouble for blogging instead of doing as I should, but I thought I would take my chances and say a few words anyway.
This has been an interesting month for Jack and I. Just when we think things are starting to smooth out, both of us have gotten the flu. Grr!
I've been sick for about nine days now. Fever, upset stomach, cough, sore throat and sniffles have been on the agenda at our place.
The really bad thing is I've had to cut down on some of my favorite treats. Sweets aren't good for an upset stomach. I haven't had a Starburst in over a week! Talk about Hell on Earth! Grr! I swear I'm having withdrawals, but Jack and Shawn swear to me that I'll survive. I'M NOT SO SURE!!!!
Lucky for us, we've had some good friends who will leave us food at our doorstep so we are being taken care of. Jack is starting to feel better, but I'm still sick. Of course, I've always been the puny one between the two of us. Damn it.
On the bright side, my Dear Sweet Shawn Lane is posting free updates on some of our favorite heroes that she has written about in the past. This week is Jake and Damian's turn from Jake's Regret. She's posted two of the three installments about them and so far it's been fabulous. If you haven't read Damian's feast check it out here:
I don't know about everyone else, but I simply adore it when we get to read how our favorite characters are doing after everything is said and done. It's always fun to glance into their lives long after their story is over, even if it is a quick. (Hey quickies can be VERY good! :-)
I hope everyone is safe and stays healthy for this upcoming holiday season. I've got to go drown myself by drinking more Mint Tea and some gag worthy Theraflu is in the near future for me. Yum. NOT!